The Interdisciplinary Centre for Water Research (ICWaR) at the Indian Institute of Science is established in April, 2015 with an aim to address water-related issues that have formidable scientific challenges and significant practical relevance. Over the past several decades, the Institute has made high impact contributions in the areas related to water science and technology, both at the large (country, regional and river basin) scales and at the small (watershed, experimental field and laboratory) scales. There is a significant multi-disciplinary strength available in the Institute to address a large number of critical issues related to water and make notable research contributions while simultaneously providing implementable solutions to a number of problems related to water management in the country.
The Centre aims to pursue the following objectives:
- to carry out advanced interdisciplinary research in the broad areas of water science and technology,
- to generate trained manpower through degree programmes of Ph.D., and M.Sc.(Engg), post doctoral research fellowships, short term internships and project mode appointments as SRFs, JRFs, Project Associates, Assistants and Trainees,
- to take up R&D projects with specific deliverables in the areas of water science and technology,
- to develop a vibrant visiting faculty programme to attract leading scientists and researchers in the field to visit the Institute and contribute to the growth of the Centre, and
- to develop outreach programmes through workshops and training programmes to disseminate knowledge.
ICWaR Seminar Series: Session by Dr. Jaykumar PD on the topic ” Karnataka GIS: A tool towards transparent governance” was held on 30th September, 2019 (Monday) in ICWaR Lecture Hall. Find the details here.
ICWaR Research Fellows actively participated in poster presentation during the workshop on “Emergency Flood planning and Management Using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles” held in Aerospace Department on 17-19 September, 2019. Gallery
Click here for more details on Activities held in ICWaR.